The gated area is for Employees Only!
GENERAL /AGE REQUIREMENTS
- Parents or guardians are responsible for children at all times and must always be within reach of non-swimmers. Children must be actively supervised by parent/caregiver. Actively supervised means watching your child at all times and being able to provide immediate assistance.
- Always adhere to quick evacuation and emergency situations when directed by lifeguard or JCC staff.
- AT ALL TIMES: children 13 years and under must be accompanied in pool and Jacuzzi areas by an adult at least 18 years of age. (This also includes the basketball court within the pool area). Pediatricians recommend that children under 5 years not use the Jacuzzi. Children should never be in a hot tub if the water is warmer than bathwater, 90 degrees. The temperature of the Jacuzzi is 104 degrees.
- When a lifeguard is NOT present, children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- When present, the lifeguard has complete authority at the pool at all times.
- When a lifeguard is present, children 14 years old and over are allowed in pool and Jacuzzi areas without an adult. (This also includes the basketball court within the pool area).
- The JCC and pool areas are smoke and alcohol free zones.
- The JCC is not responsible for the loss of personal property. SECURE all valuables in the lockers or leave them at home.
- Children who are not toilet trained must always wear water diapers under their bathing suits. Water diapers may be purchased at the Sports & Fitness Courtesy Desk.
- Appropriate swimwear is mandatory. No thong bathing suits are allowed in the pool area. No cut off shorts, jeans or jean shorts are allowed in pool.
- Patrons are asked to shower before entering the pool
- Do not use oils, creams or wear makeup in the pool.
- Long hair must be restrained.
- No person with a communicable disease or having open sores on his/her body shall enter the water.
- Individuals who bring food into the pool area are asked to respect Kashrut (see section on Kashrut in the JCC Member Handbook) policy and keep food in designated eating areas.
- Glass is NOT permitted in the pool area.
- Horseplay, running, pushing or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- Flotation devices may be used only at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- No balls, toys, etc in pool unless permitted by lifeguard.
- Diving is not permitted accept when under the supervision of a certified coach/instructor.
- Designated lanes are for lap swimmers only.
- During peak hours, circle swimming in the member lap lanes will allow for better usage of the limited lane availability for all swimmers.
- Lifeguards have the right to regulate lap lane use, equipment use, the number of people in the pool and the behavior of these people.
Please help keep the pool deck clean and ant free, dispose of all food products, wrappers, empty drink cups and cans in the trash receptacles.