Seniors at the J know how to have a good time! From enjoying the company of dogs from Therapy Animals of San Antonio or Guide Dogs of Texas, to lunch with the Early Childhood kids, enjoying performances by the Israeli Scouts in the summer, attending luncheons with special guest speakers, watching exciting performances at the award-winning Sheldon Vexler Theatre, there is never a dull moment here!
|JCC seniors get crafty at an autumnal art project celebrating Sukkot!
|JCC Seniors working out in the Senior-specific Fit4Life exercise class
Click photos above for larger image.
The JCC offers a wide variety of classes optimized for seniors 65+, which can be viewed online. To sign-up for any of these classes, or to find out more information, please contact Maya Siler at (210) 302-6860. Transportation to and from the JCC is available for senior activities. Please indicate your need when speaking with Maya.
- *NEW* Crafting Culture - Tuesday | December 16 | 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM | Senior Center | FREE | Space is limited; RSVP online
- Alzheimer's Disease: Legal & Financial Planning - Wednesday | January 7 | 10:30 AM - Noon | FREE with advanced reservations
This class will help you understand the legal and financial issues that may impact those with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia. Learn how to make important decisions regarding money and legal documents, and ways to put legal and financial plans in place. Call Maya to RSVP.
- 'Silver Cinema' Film Screenings - The JCC, in conjunction with the Golden Manor Auxiliary, now offers a fun program called Silver Cinema. Call Maya at (210) 302-6860 to find out this month's screenings!
- Chef Selected Fresh Lunch - This Senior Lunch program is funded in part by the Jewish Federation of San Antonio and Golden Manor Jewish Senior Services. Download December's Senior Moments newsletter and lunch menu to see what's going on and what's for lunch!
- Other ongoing activities include JCC Knitting Club, Jewish Genealogical Society, Yiddish Club, JCC Book Club, Israeli Dancing, Fit 4 Life, and Game Room Activities.
For more information about these programs, to RSVP for a class, or to inquire about lunch, call Senior Coordinator Maya Siler at (210) 302-6860.