or "Essence of the Season", is our Family programming geared towards holiday events and is open to the community.
Learn a little bit more about the Jewish holidays.
- Hands on Chanukah - Thursday, December 18, 3-6 | Barshop JCC | Latkes, Crafts, & Menorah Lighting at Sundown | FREE - Check back soon for more info!
Thanks to Wildey Pediatric Dentistry for their support of this event.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Tu B'Shevat Book Swap - the Month of February | Swap a Book, Save a Tree!
Celebrate Tu B’shevat at the JCC with a book-swapping shelf! Recycle and update your bookshelf without spending any money or harming any trees! Our Book Swap Shelf will be located in the JCC hallways for the month of February. Take whatever you like and leave some books of your own for others to enjoy. With both general and juvenile content, it’s great for the whole family!
Tu B’shevat, celebrated this year on February 4, is commonly referred to as the birthday of trees. The holiday provides us with the opportunity to reflect on the environment and celebrate Judaism’s emphasis on respecting the earth.
For more information, please contact Director of Jewish Journeys Rachel Rustin by email or by phone at (210) 302-6969.
- Celebrate Purim - Sunday, March 1 | Markey Park at the J | Time TBD - Check back for more info!
Featuring games, food, and outdoor activities. All ages and dogs welcome.
Don't miss author Tracy Newman reading from her book, Shabbat is Coming!, as part of this fun event!
- First Night Seder - Friday, April 3 | Barshop JCC Holzman Auditorium - Check back to purchase your seat!
Join us for a traditional and tasty meal, featuring a participatory Seder, singing, and a search for the Afikomen. Led by Rabbi Steve Fisch.
- Hands on Israel - In conjunction with the JCC's Week of Israel in late April - Check back for more info!
Featuring music, Israeli foods, and crafts. Fun for all ages!
For more information or to volunteer at one of these events, contact Aliyah Kuchinsky at (210) 302-6827.