We are Live!
Activities for children, adults, and fitness! All for free on our Facebook page.
Get the latest information on the status of the facility
As the unprecedented Covid-19 situation continues to evolve, we want to make sure you have access to the most up-to-date information as well as links to keep you engaged while safe-distancing.
Get Active with Familiar Faces
- Shoulder Flexibility
- Hip Release
- Get Tight & Toned with Cecelia
- Strengthen Your Back, Strengthen Your Core with Anita
- Tai Chi with Anita
- Pilates with Anita | All Legs, All Day
- 6 Minute HIIT with Audrey
- Barre with Roberta
- Mat Pilates with Anita
- Short Mat Pilates Session with Anita
- Quick Core Workout with Cecelia
- Glute Activation with Cecelia
- Keep the whole family active with a warm-up from Joe
- Yoga for balance and stability
Sports Warm-Ups / Activities from your friends at the J
At Home Workout Resources
- Our partner Les Mills is here to offer a free option to help keep you active and working out at home.
- Operation Get Ripped While in Quarantine: Peloton is offering a 90 day trial of their app. Just be sure to cancel before your 90 days is up if you don't want to continue the service and be charged.
- Resistance band exercises.
- Check out this daily schedule of live workouts from the Riverdale Y!
- Workout of the day home videos. New videos shared daily.
- Advice from a trainer on working out at home.
- The Toilet Paper Workout
- Highly effective 10 minute HIIT running workout
- Have limited equipment at home? No problem! You can do this workout using only a chair.
Fun Activities from Familiar Faces
- Tournament Tuesday from the Youth Department
- Nature Corner
- Arts & Crafts with Malison
- Baking with Betsy
- Music with Janie
Born to Move by Les Mills
Born to Move by Les Mills – recommended by age groups, BORN TO MOVE is designed to nurture a life-long love of physical activity and helps children experience the joy and vitality of moving to music.
Distance Learning Tools
- Sign up to BrainPOP for Free access. BrainPOP allows you to assign student work remotely and you can sign up for home learning too! Use code: BPCVFAFB3 for free access
- An entire list of education companies offering free subscriptions
- Where to pick up free meals while schools are closed
- Shalom Sesame & Sesame Street Check out the Sesame Street toolkit on Resilience and the Shalom Sesame YouTube channel!
- PJ Library has developed a resource page for families. They also have a page on how to talk to your children about scary situations as well as many resources for how to spend family together time!
- Reform Judaism has a great list of fun Jewish videos for 'Homeshuling under Quarantine'
BBYO On Demand is a new virtual space in which Jewish teens can connect with one another for cooking classes, engaging discussions, debates, virtual hangouts, song-sessions, video game tournaments and so much more. We will keep you updated when San Antonio BBYO is hosting a program on BBYO on Demand, but check it out on your own, you won't be disappointed!
- Elie's Shabbat Message
- Shabbat Blessings with Rachel
- Challah in a bag. This recipe makes challah fun for the whole family!
- Check out these recipes and tips from Chabad.org
- Or just get to baking some fun comfort foods for every day!
- Read this article on caring for yourself and others and join in on this pre-Shabbat reflection
Suggestions for the Week
May 18 – Creative Creations. Creative Creations is a time to come together and talk while crafting! Bring your knitting or project or sketch to the virtual session!
Food & Cooking
- Watch Love, Hate & Cake, the story of a Jewish Baker in Budapest
- Join Tiffany Shlain every week to bake Challah on Fridays!
- Check out this video from Adeena Sussman: Israeli Food: So Hot Right Now
- And then make her recipe for Za’atar Roasted Chicken over Sumac Potatoes
- The Lazy Cook's Challah in a Bag Recipe
Download Duolingo and learn some Hebrew or Spanish!
Available in the Apple App or Google Play store or visit their website
Get online and watch some great TED Talks:
- We recommend this one from Eitan Chitayat
Just because you can't take a plane doesn't mean you can't explore some of the world's preserved treasures:
Go to Google Arts and Culture and have a little snoop around some incredible places around the globe!
- Get to grips with what is going on
- Check out this Rallying in Challenging Times series
- We recommend this one from Eitan Chitayat
- Remembering Jerry Stiller in 10 Clips
- View the JCC Chicago Jewish Film Festival Online
- Wish there was a Jewish Netflix? Well there is!
Get the first 30 days free of ChaiFlix for a whole load of amazing Jewish Film Content!
- Menemsha have also uploaded all of their content to itunes and Amazon and reduced the price for rental and purchase. Some of these have featured in our past festivals!
Art & Music
- Join A Conversation with Broadway Star and author Alexandra Silber On May 14th
- Watch this virtual performance of 'Hallelujah' that raised $1M for first responders in Israel
- Learn to draw with these free online lessons!
The virtual instructor is making their online drawing classes free for four weeks
- We may have had to cancel our Symphony concert, but they have created a beautiful performance for you to enjoy online!
You can download the SA library app LIBBY to check out free e-books, audio books and magazines.
Visit the Apple App Store or the Google Play store and download the app now!
For suggestions on what you can read, here are some recommended quarantine reading lists:
- Jewish Book Council current recommendations
- You can also subscribe to The Tablet and they have podcasts too!
(We particularly recommend you check out Unorthodox)
- Tikvah Online University are also offering some free online courses including a deep dive into Tevye the Dairyman
- Check out The Hotel Neversink. Set in the Catskills, this mystery novel has been deemed the gothic Mrs. Maisel
Jewish Book Council also offers excerpts from some of their new releases.
- They also have a great resource for both writers and readers which is updated regularly throughout this time
- Listen live as Jewish Authors talk about their latest works with JBC
- Read about the Oldest Jewish Women's Book Club in America
- Try this 10-minute chair workout
- Yoga | Try this Slow & Gentle Flow
- Need another chair yoga workout? Chair Yoga Dance Recital - 10 Dances with Lyrics led by Sherry Zak Morris
Senior Planet San Antonio has a lot of great virtual events and resources you can explore!
H-E-B and Favor are launching its Senior Support Line, a new delivery program designed to offer a safer solutions for Texans aged 60+. Seniors can place orders from a curated list of essentials via a phone line, the Favor app, or via their website. The line will be staffed with volunteers to accept/process home delivery orders via phone daily 9a-1p. To access, call 1-833-397-0080. Fees are waived for the first 30 days.
Bring Israel into your home
- Watch and listen to 12,000 voices coming together with Shlomi Shabat to sing Al Kol Eleh
- 5 Foods to Celebrate Yom Ha'atzmaut
- Commemorate Yom HaShoah by watching the Oscar nominated short Joe's Violin
- Reading: Writing Fiction in English in Israel
- Watch the Israel Philharmonic perform for Passover
- Get a 30 day free trial to Chai Flicks and access a bunch of great movies!
- Make the most of staying at home and learn some Israeli Dance
- Check out this great article about Israeli Dance still going strong during Covid-19
- Short Film - Flour and Water
- Read some extraordinary stories from the Humans of Tel Aviv with stunning photographs.
- Test your Jewish knowledge with these quizzes!
- How to make Shakshuka with Betsy
- Go to My Jewish Learning to find some amazing new recipes to try, like these Chocolate Cranberry Challah Rolls with Citrus Sugar
- Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
- Matzah Pizza Video