Message from the President and CEO
|A Message From the President/CEO Saul F. Levenshus_copy|
|Published Monday, July 1, 2019|
It’s July, and despite the relatively mild and wet spring we had, summer is clearly now upon us and just in time for our outstanding J-Camp programs and another full summer at the pool. As we quickly move into the heat of the summer months, we fully anticipate that members will begin to enjoy the full benefits of our JCC pool.
And, now we can look forward to the official opening of our new Splash Pad located in the northeast quadrant of our Aquatics Complex. Designed for use by families with young children, we are excited about this new addition. And to further complement our Aquatics facilities, we are also looking forward to the opening of our Family Changing Station targeted for completion by the end of the month.
While construction is underway, we have temporarily closed the Sports & Fitness Courtesy Desk and relocated our staff and functions upstairs to the Central Information Desk in the Main Lobby where you check in. In addition to the Family Changing Station, a new Courtesy Desk and Staff Office will be added as a precursor to what we hope will be a larger facility expansion initiative during 2020.
In expectation of higher usage at the pool this summer, maintaining a clean, safe and secure environment remains a top priority at all times; and here are a few of the ways our members and their guests can help us:
- Always adhere to the pool rules posted in the pool area, including the new Splash Pad and Training Pool rules which will also be posted.
- When on duty, the lifeguard has complete authority at all times.
- When directed, always adhere to quick evacuation and emergency situations.
- As a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your children at all times and must always be within reach of non-swimmers.
- Swimmers are asked to shower before entering the pool (our outdoor shower makes this very convenient for our members).
- Members and their guests must check in at the Central Information Desk before entering the pool area.
- For Parents with young children, when you come dressed and ready to enter the pool, remember you can exit directly to the pool without going through the locker rooms. For parents with young children under the age of 5 who need to change prior to entering the pool area, use of handicap bathroom stalls and shower areas in the locker rooms are available for privacy when changing clothes. And soon a new Family Changing Station will be available to make the changing process easier. For anyone needing further assistance, please feel free to ask a member of our sports and fitness staff.
- While at the pool for extended periods of time, please be prepared to apply sunscreen as necessary, drink plenty of water, and don’t forget to bring a towel.
- Valuables should always be appropriately secured and/or locked in a locker.
Please keep in mind that our summer camp program takes full advantage of the pool for lessons and free swim between 9:30am and 3:30pm daily. These are heavy usage periods and we urge members whose schedules allow, to avoid these times if possible. For anyone interested, select spaces are still available in our J CAMP programs, but they are filling up fast, so don’t delay.
Lastly, don’t forget that our weekend summer extended hours (open Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 7pm) have begun and will be in force through August 25.
Here’s wishing you all a safe and fun summer. We’re glad you belong here!
President & CEO
Send this page to a friend